Sunday, April 13, 2008

Chapters #26 - 31

I appologize to the members of my group. I just realized that I posted a question for Chapter #26 in my last group of questions (Chapters 21-25). I hope that I didn't confuse anyone by posting that question a week prematurely. Since I asked a Chapter #26 question last week, I will start this week off with the question that I meant to ask for Chapter #25. Sorry for the confusion!

Chapter #25
How does Maycomb react to the news of Tom's death? Comment on the idea that Tom's death was “typical”.

Chapter #27
Why, according to Atticus, does Bob Ewell bear a grudge? Which people does Ewell see as his enemies, and why?

Chapter #28
Why had Atticus not brought a chair for the man in the corner? Who might this stranger be?

Chapter #29
What explanation does Atticus give for Bob Ewell's attack?

Chapter #30
Why does Heck Tate insist that Bob Ewell's death was self-inflicted? In what way is this partly true?

Chapter #31
How much of a surprise is it fo find what Boo Radley is really like? Has the story before this point prepared the reader for this discovery?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chapter 30:

Heck tate insists that Bob fell on his knife because he had found out that it was really Boo who killed Bob. If Heck made Boo go to court for killing Bob, he would be considered even more of a wierdo and outcast than he currently is. Also, Heck doesn't want the hero of the day to also be the killer. Instead he says, "let the dead bury the dead." Since Bob got Tom killed for no reason, it is only fitting that Bob die as well.